Friday 7 December 2018

Day 3 - 30 days of TV challenge.

Day 3 - Your favourite new show.

This is definitely a toss up between Mindhunter and The Haunting of Hill House, but given that Mindhunter has been out for quite a while now, and might not even be considered "new" anymore, it would have to be The Haunting of Hill House.
The Haunting of Hill House was so terrifying and gripping, I honestly wanted to watch it again straight after finishing the season. I still cannot get over how insanely well made it was! From the hidden ghosts, gripping storyline, and the cinematography.

Episode 6 HAS to be my favourite, mainly just from how it was shot. I felt like the episode was the longest one yet, until I realised that up until that point, it had all been filmed in one shot. I was amazed by the camera work and how smoothly everything transitioned. It did turn out that it wasn't entirely one long shot for the entire episode, but some takes were around 20 minutes long, and the editing was done so seamlessly it was hard to even tell if the shots had changed.

The spirits in this were so creatively terrifying as well. After binge watching the first 6 episodes one evening until 3am, we soon realised we were going to have to sleep with the light on. But if you're queasy, like I am, there really wasn't much, if anything, that made me cringe at all. It was so well made, that it was the tension and intensity of the acting that made it so scary.

I don't want to ramble on too much, as I do plan to do a whole other blog post about this show, but it definitely has to be my favourite new show right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment