Saturday 2 April 2016

TOP FIVE: TV shows.

TOP FIVE: TV SHOWS.



American Horror Story.

Even though the latest season (Hotel) isn't on Netflix yet, it's still worth a watch. Each season keeps the most of the same cast, but they play different characters in different periods of time or places. My favourite season up to date has to be Freakshow or Murder House, but Freakshow definitely was a bit too gorey and was more over the top than the other seasons. Murder House was the first season, and I've watched that twice now because I enjoyed it that much. The second season was Asylum, which is confusing and strange at times, but the main storyline definitely makes it worth watching. Third season was Coven, and it seemed very stereotypical teen TV programme, almost Sabrina the Teenage Witch like, but I did still enjoy it. Freakshow, like I said, was my favourite; the characters and casting in this season was absolutely perfect. I haven't watched Hotel yet as it isn't on Netflix, but it looks amazing from what I've seen on Tumblr and Twitter.


Sons of Anarchy.

I've almost finished this show, and I can honestly say it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's not generic, predictable or cringey; I am constantly being surprised by it, and it's even made me tear up once or twice. I won't give out any spoilers for it, but it follows a man who's father owned a motorcycle club, but has now died and the gang has turned to other ways to make money besides just working at a car garage. It's hard to explain too much without spoilers, but it's worth the watch.


The Walking Dead.

I absolutely adore this show, and I have ever since I first started watching it. Some seasons were pretty slow, I do admit, but it's always worth it. I have cried sooo many times! The casting in this show is unreal, honestly; most characters fit the appearance and personality of the ones in the comics. And if you've read the comics, the storyline does differ so there's no spoilers there. I've lost count of how many seasons there is, but it's still going strong and just keeps getting better in my opinion. If you do want to watch it it's available to watch on Amazon Prime.

Transparent.

I watched the entire two seasons of this show in the space of a week, and the only thing I regret is not taking my time because once I was done I felt so lost without it. It's not a  very well known show, as it's an Amazon original, but it's amazing. I'd recommend getting the a free month trial of Amazon Prime just to watch it. The story line is brilliant, and it cross cuts an entire families story lines and each persons struggles. The main character is a trans* man, who finally comes out to his family and everyone else really late on in life, and it shows the struggles of being trans and/or gay in often upsetting, but fairly realistic ways. I wouldn't want to give out too many spoilers, but it's quite emotional at times and often very funny.


Orange Is The New Black.

I think almost everyone who has seen this show loves it, and I can see why - it's fantastic. It's hilarious, gritty, entertaining; it's almost everything you would want from a TV show. It follows a woman called Piper who finds herself in an all women's prison, and as the series go on, you discover other inmates back stories, why they're in the prison and who they are. And even though it's about an all women's prison, the casting is so varied and fits each character perfectly. The shows only downfall is, in my opinion, that as you learn so much about other characters, Piper becomes less likeable and you end up finding favourites in less major characters. But maybe that's just me.




No comments:

Post a Comment