Monday 4 April 2016

Top 10 best made films of all time.

The top 10 best made films of all time.


A list of the best made films, in my personal opinion.

1. The Shawshank Redemption.

One of the best films I've ever seen and been able to study at college; I'd never seen it before I began studying it for Emotional Cinema this year, but I love it. I wouldn't say it's predictable at all, and the acting is unbelievable.


2. Forrest Gump.

One of the most heartwarming films I've ever seen, I remember the first time I saw it I watched it about five times that week. It's a long film, but it's worth the watch. An unbelievable story and Tom Hanks' performance was definitely worth the multiple Academy Awards and Golden Globes.


3.A Clockwork Orange.

Definitely one of the strangest films I've ever seen, and I have only seen it once. But it's brilliantly made, and had to make it onto the list for how incredible it is. The acting and the mise en scene made this film what it is, because otherwise the storyline would be extremely difficult to pull off and be able to have made it's name as a cult classic.


4.Shutter Island.

Again, very strange film, but 10/10 for best plot twist I've ever seen. Probably been said a million times, but Leo should have got an Oscar for that performance. Like I've said for most of the others, unbelievable performances from all of the actors.


5. The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Just the making of these films is unbelievable, and one of the best book to film adaptations in terms of capturing characters and setting. The mise en scene for these films is absolutely amazing, and even if you find the genre boring, it's worth a watch purely for how its been made.


6. Whiplash.

Fell in love with this film when I saw it, and it instantly made me want to be really cool and talented enough to play an instrument, but no, I'm just not that good. I am adore Miles Teller, so that was a bonus anyway, but the intensity and the relationship between Teller and Simmons was insane. One of the best made films (obviously, it's on the list) in terms of acting that I've ever seen.


7. Pulp Fiction.

I've talked about this film before, and how brilliantly made it is, and that's exactly why it's on the list. Most Tarantino films are fantastic in terms of cast, narrative and mise en scene, but this one in particular just shines out to me. The editing especially, just makes the film such a pleasant viewing experience and it's one of the best films I've ever had the pleasure of watching.


8. Gone Girl.

Another crazy film with a crazy plot twist. The storyline in this film is immensely entertaining, and the acting is unbelievable, especially for Ben Affleck. Neil Patrick Harris also breaks his typecast, and that's shocking, yet amazing to watch.


9. The Help.

I very nearly bawled my eyes out at this film, the performances were stunning and I haven't seen a more influential film since this one. Such a powerful film, and definitely something everyone should watch.


10. Jurassic Park.

Even though I've watched it so many times it's not exactly thrilling anymore, there's no denying it's brilliantly made, especially for it's time with a pretty original storyline. The performance from the actors was fantastic too, and made the film all the more scarier when I was young.



No comments:

Post a Comment