Thursday 31 March 2016

TOP FIVE: Favourite Songs.

Another Top Five, this time favourite songs.

Again, in no particular order because that would be practically impossible.

1. Pixies - Where Is My Mind.

I remember hearing this song for the first time by just stumbling across it on Youtube probably over a couple of years ago, and despite listening to it hundreds of times and driving my family and friends crazy with it, I still absolutely adore it. I wasn't particularly in the best place when first hearing this, and despite not having what most would see as heartfelt lyrics, it definitely spoke to me. It also lead me to finding the film Fight Club, which would have made it onto my Top Five films if I had watched it enough times to warrant it's place on the list. Placebo's cover of this song would also be on this list if it wasn't the same song, if that makes any sense at all, but it's also just absolute perfection. Since hearing this song an obsession with the Pixies definitely blossomed, and other songs of theirs would make it on this list if I didn't feel so repetitive doing so. 

2. Arctic Monkeys - Only Ones Who Know.

Not a particularly well known song from the band. but in my opinion, it's one of their best. It's not their typical upbeat song, but the slow rhythm and romantic lyrics are definitely different to their usual themes. There isn't really any significance in the lyrics to me, I just genuinely like the song and love to sing along to it.


3. Radiohead - Creep.

I absolutely adore this song! As melancholic as it is, it just speaks to me, especially when I was in my strange 'finding myself' stage at thirteen, but ever since then it's just stook. The lyrics are pretty relatable for someone with low self esteem, and even though I've changed a lot and I'm a much more confident person, the song itself is still pure brilliance. Most would disagree because of it being so slow and "mopey", but I love it so much it's made it onto my Top 25 Most Played on my iTunes, which says something due to how much music I have on there and how often I just let it shuffle.

4. Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life.

This song is one of those songs that every couple has, and that's probably about as much detail as I'll go into for this. I absolutely adore it and it really means a lot to me. The video is also worth a watch too, absolutely adorable.

5. Beyonce - Pretty Hurts.

Another, meaningful when lacking self esteem song, which is a regular theme in my confidence lacking days which are fairly common. This is different to all the others on the list, but I do love to listen to similar artists regularly, it's just that this one has meaning and I listen to just as much as other songs on the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment