Wednesday 22 June 2016

Top 3: Movie villains.

Top 3: movie villains.


Limited to three, because I'm currently in the progress of writing a 'Top 10 film and TV characters" post! This is going to be short and sweet, because I'm surprisingly very busy lately.



1. Ursula - The Little Mermaid.


The Little Mermaid was my favourite film growing up, so this was a no brainer, because Ursula was my favourite villain from the very start, so I can't go without mentioning her. Despite terrifying me as a child, her powerful character and lead female villain role makes me love her so much, and the fact that she was such a multi faceted character makers her all the more of a perfect female villain.

2. The Joker - The Batman movies, over time.


Obviously, the joker had to make it on here, varying from Nicholson to Leto, all of them to date have been fantastic. This maniac that is the joker is a fantastic character alone, but all of them are played so differently and in such a unique way, that it's hard not to love. Possibly the most famous portrayal, Heath Ledger has to be my favourite, alongside Jack Nicholson, both of which used method acting, which in turn, did have quite serious effects. However both were fantastic performances, and I can't wait to see Jared Leto's portrayal, after hearing that he would only respond to "Mr.J" on set, I can tell it's going to be interesting.

3. Alex - A Clockwork Orange.


A Clockwork Orange was definitely one of the strangest films I have ever seen, and Alex is definitely the most twisted villain on this mini list, but I couldn't help but feature him due to my unwanted liking towards him. I know the film was very controversial, partly because of audiences loving such a vile character, but it's only similar to characters such as Mac in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, just on a more extreme level. So even though I do feel bad about taking a liking to him, the film was made in such a way that it can't be helped, and I've even found myself speaking like him at times, which I'm not sure if that should be stopped soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment